This is Priya from priyascurrynation.com. I am feeling happy and excited to share my recipe n this space.When me and Smitha decided to do this,I was quite sure about what to share on yummyplatter.
Yummy platter — – What a lovely name! I know people are crazy for their “yummy platter“. I am very proud that I live in such country in which EACH Region have their OWN history about foods and their own variations.
KUTCHI ALOO RECIPE
- Potato boiled – 2 medium size
- Salt – to taste
- Onion- 1 medium size
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Oil -1 tsp
- Cumins – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida- ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – a pinch [optional]
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- If you don’t have potatoes ready then first pressure cook them for 7-8 mins on medium flame.
- Dice onions and boiled potatoes.
- Heat Oil in pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds and Cumin seeds. When they crackle Add asafoetida.
- Add onions and saute them for 2 min.
- Add potatoes, Salt, red chili powder,turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Mix them well.
- Now, Cook them on high flame for 2-3 min so that you can get burnt flavor. Simmer them in-
- between if required.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander and squeeze lemon juice on the top.
- Serve hot with Bajra roti and onions.