Spicy Tangy Chinese Chili Soya is a must have snack for cold winters. The hot spicy sauce gives a divine warmth which you wanted to enjoy in your cozy couch with your family and friends. Thought of sharing this recipe as it is a special bowl of chunks in a juicy spicy sauce. You will be able to bite small chunks with tiny bits of garlic and onion. Garlic along with soy sauce ===> i feel iam in a calm and cool chinese restaurant in China. I can feel and taste the authentic chinese flavor in this bowl.
If i did have chicken in my pantry, i would definitely try making Chinese Chili Chicken.
This is my brunch today. Started preparing chili Soya. Had been tasting it from the beginning and i completed half the bowl. Left out is not sufficient for us all to relish. That clearly implies i have to make another bowl again.
Garlic has to fine chopped or minced if in case you don’t like its taste and smell. I preferred small garlic chunks but my kids did not like it. So i need to mince it next time.
Spicy Tangy Chinese Chilli Soya
- 4 cups – water
- 2 Cups – Soya Chunks
- 1 tablespoon – Olive oil or Sesame oil
- 6 – Garlic cloves fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon – Ginger fine chopped
- 1 – Onion fine chopped
- 3 – Green Chili chopped
- 3 – Dry Red Chili chopped
- ½ teaspoon – Red Chili Powder or 1 tablespoon – Red Chili Sauce
- Salt as needed
- 3 tablespoon – Soy Sauce Dark
- 2 tablespoon – Tomato sauce
- Cilantro roughly shredded
- Capsicum cut into julienes
- Cook Soya in 4 cups of boiling water until the soya chunks are well cooked. strain soya in a colander and let excess water drain
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic, ginger, Onion, green chili, Dry red chili and saute till garlic turns to light brown in color.
- Add cooked soya, red chili powder, salt, soy sauce and Tomato sauce and cook in medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes
- Garnish with Cilantro and Capsicum