I’m writing this post with outside my house temperature rising to 39 degree Celsius. Tight closed all doors and windows with air conditioners doing their job perfectly to keep me cool. I will cling on to whatever cool thing I get. Be it a smoothie or ice cream or yogurt or refreshing drinks am happy and happier.
And for my happiness Mango season is here and everywhere. This summer came as a mango luck for me with near and dear supplying me with loads of mangoes. Ice cream is one which came into my mind when I saw these mangoes. Because cold, frozen things are our favorite. I know all of you will agree for this. And I was very sure of one thing that i wont be spending more time in kitchen with lots of ingredients.
Total disclaimer: I hate staying in kitchen for long time during summer. Prefer more of quick and easy cold, refreshing bowls…
That is how I landed in 3 ingredient Frozen yogurt. It tastes same like a ice cream brought from a near by cold store. Mangoes we get now are really sweet and fleshy and I was surprised to see a creamy sweet ice cream. Yogurt when blended made it even more creamy and voluminous. Mango and the protein filled yogurt makes it healthy and trusty for children to enjoy their favorite ice cream at home with all luxury and comfort.
Total time it took for me to dice the mangoes and blend is less than 10 minutes. I am sure you will need less than 7 minutes. It took around 10 minutes for me because kids started to put their fingers to taste.
3 Ingredient Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 2 Mango Skin Peeled, Diced
- 3 tablespoon Organic Honey
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- Place the diced mangoes evenly over a sheet of parchment paper and place into the freezer overnight or for at least 4-5 hours.
- Add the frozen mangoes, honey, yogurt to a food processor.
- Pulse until creamy. scrape down the sides to blend any chunk of mango left.
- Test for sweetness and add extra honey or sugar
- Serve immediately or freeze for another 4 to 5 hours and serve in bowls
Fat: 2.1 g
Saturated fat: 0.9 g
Carbohydrates: 126.6 g
Sugar: 117.3 g
Sodium: 53.7 mg