Hummus is a traditional Middle eastern Dip made out of a basic ingredient : chickpea. As a blogger i got to first taste Hummus when i visited a few Middle eastern countries in 2012-13 as part of my culinary journey. Cilantro flavored Hummus is mashed chickpea, garlic, Sesame seed, salt, lemon juice. Hummus is levantine and egyptian food dip or spread used by Middle eastern countries and North Africa.
And for me this is the easiest dip i make when iam tired. It takes just 5 minutes in kitchen if you have cooked chickpea.
Once hummus is ready, give it a try with some crisp and flavored toasted croutons and you are guaranteed to witness the Croutons and hummus getting disappeared.
Hummus if refrigerated stays good for 1 week
If you haven’t tried preparing a hummus or having it atleast once, you should give it a try once. You are going to love it.
CILANTRO FLAVORED HUMMUS RECIPE
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpea Soaked overnight and cooked till soft
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Red chilli / Cayenne Pepper or ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds Roasting is optional
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 sprig Coriander leaves Cilantro
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- few Cilantro
- Blend Cooked chickpea, Garlic, Red chilli, Olive oil, Sesame seeds, lemon juice, Cilantro, Salt to a smooth paste
- Garnish with Cilantro / Sauteed Veggies / Tomato / Sauteed Mushroom / Cucumber / Eggs
- Serve Cilantro Flavored Hummus with Pita bread / Chips / Kooboos / flat bread / Felafel / Grilled Chicken / Roasted Veggies / Fish / Crackers / Sandwich / Burger