Today, i am back to blogging with a easy and healthy snack. You know why???
Iam tied up with few professional exam preparations. Late night and early morning preparation, stress on top of all is completely ruining my health. Completely stressed out as i have very few days left to prepare. Needless to say, I will be blogging about easy and healthy recipes for a few
months as other half of my profession badly needs my crucial attention rite now.
I really meant QUICK AND EASY RECIPE as i do not want compromise on my health by the time i take up my exams.
Spicy Carrot Amaranth Skillet cookie – a healthy cookie recipe prepared using amaranth flour and grated carrot. High on Nutrition as amaranth flour is gluten free and rich in protein and amino acids. Amaranth flour has lots of health benefits that we should include in our diet regularly. The flour is quite earthy in nature so is pretty difficult to knead. Adding a bit of oil eases the job.
Spicy Amaranth Carrot cookie is one such easy and quick to make cookie which i snacked for my breakfast and snack. Studies and snacking can go side by side when preparing for exams. Cookie with a tea hiked
me up. As iam struggling with my preps, i wont be troubling you with my stories. Let me close soon with a quick cookie recipe
This recipe uses amaranth flour prepared by grinding amaranth seeds.
SPICY AMARANTH CARROT COOKIE RECIPE
- 1 Cup Amaranth Flour
- 1 Carrot Grated
- ¾ Red chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Salt as needed
- Water as needed
- 1 tablespoon Rice Bran oil
- Combine Amaranth Flour, Grated carrot, Red chilli powder, Garam Masala, Coriander powder and salt well.
- Add water as necessary to knead and form a soft pliable dough. The dough is a bit sticky. Add oil to make
- it kneadable.
- Once the Dough is ready, roll using a rolling pin and cut in the shape of cookies. I used a cookie cutter
- to cut the cookie from the rolled out dough
- Heat a large flat skillet. Brush a bit of rice bran oil / olive oil and place the cookies to cook in
- medium heat. Flip the cookies to cook on both sides
- While cooking in a skillet, make sure to flip the cookies so that they do not get burnt.
Along with Amaranth flour, Quinoa and Oats flour can be added to increase the health benefits.
Cookie can also be baked in a pre heated oven for 8-10 mins.
SPICY AMARANTH CARROT COOKIE is a perfect evening snack with a chai. Its tummy filling and satisfies hunger pangs.