These are perfect starters for a Weekend party Or serve them as a side dish for fried rice or Naan or Kulcha. You will witness them getting vanished as soon as you serve
This started way right from my visit to Dubai. Food Obsession is my sibling. Always together, craving for seductive food. Travel and Restaurants and friends are my whole day plans. Drop in at a beach side restaurant or a downtown busy restaurant and order the spiciest wildly tempting dish. Grab the plate and enjoy at my silent comfort zone.
You know sometime cooking is very hard for me. Going through week meal planning, Grocery purchase, cooking is really really hard for me. Software and Mathematics and Research are my second passion. So i end up there with my laptop, cup of tea, and few papers to research
I do prefer a soft couch – watching tv, snacking some ordered sandwiches or burger.
Then it suddenly strucks me hard on head to plan a delicious series of dish for me and my better half . Once i start, i wont wont stop. That is how i made this Mushroom Tikka to prove that i can get hold of restaurant taste.
Mushrooms are marinated using indian spices and shallow fried on a stove top skillet or using Tandoor or oven.
This Mushroom Tikka recipe demonstrates shallow frying marinated mushrooms on a stove top flat bottomed skillet.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM TIKKA
- 300 Grams Button Mushroom
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- 1 Pinch Turmeric powder
- salt as needed
- 6 cloves garlic fine crushed or minced
- ¼ inch Ginger fine crushed or minced
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tsp Gram Flour / All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp oil to Shallow Fry
- Coriander leaves Cilantro – Roughly shredded
- Lemon juice as needed
- Chaat Masala as needed
- Marinate button mushrooms in red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, garlic, ginger, Garam Masala, Gram flour, Oil.
- Combine well using hands so that the mushrooms does not get broken. Tikka looks and tastes good if its shape is intact.
- Refrigerate the marinated mushrooms for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Heat a flat bottommed skillet and place the mushrooms. Shallow fry the mushrooms till its well cooked and fried from outside.
- Serve mushroom tikka with mint chutney.
- Sprinkle few drops of lemon juice and Chaat masala on top of the mushrooms and it would taste awesome.
- Iam sure Mushroom tikka would trigger your taste buds as it is spicy, tangy and fried from outside and fleshy from inside.
- Place few rings of thin sliced Onion rings, chaat masala and few wedges of lemon so that the guest can add these as much as they need
- Serve Mushroom Tikka with Mint chutney
- Marination time can vary from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- When marinating for a longer period, refrigerate the marinated mushrooms